Life of an illiterate episode nine

EPISODE 9
*
5 years flew by in just a wink. Juliet and Janet
graduated from secondary school and had
finally gained admission into the University.
Although before they had gotten in, they
worried about their brother and tried pleading
to their aunt to try getting him a lesson teacher
but she paid deaf ears. All their efforts to
convince her he was sorry all went to drain.
They'd know they had try to how all the ways
they could but their effort wasn't enough to
refine him.
"What is your talent? " Janet had asked him one
evening alongside her sister who had been
smiling all the while.
"Meaning? " he asked skipping through a
textbook in search of what it meant.
"It is not in the book silly. By the question I
meant, what are you capable of doing without
anyone teaching you. What do you like doing all
the time? "
"O! I love repairing things. Like cars for
example" He replied with pride in his voice.
"Wow! Nice English. My brother has gotten an A
+ from me" Juliet said with joy as she pinched
her sister on the arm. Janet frowned.
"That doesn't mean you will have to punish me.
I wonder why you are so stubborn" Her sister
grumble giving her a stern look. "Anyway back
to my big brother, I think you should be a
mechanic"
"What does that mean? " Chris asked with
interest.
"I am serious. Try becoming a mechanic. Try
being independent so that you can save some
money to take care of yourself and go for adult
education. You should not depend on aunt all
the time. I mean aunt has to stop giving you
money" She tried explaining to him. He didn't
seem like the idea.
"Do you think I can do it? " He asked.
"Come on big bro, I am very sure you can do it!
With a sister like me, I am sure you can surpass
all difficulties. Your boss will die as soon as he
sees how beautiful your younger sister is" Juliet
replied just before her sister could. Janet gave
her one more stern look. She only twisted her
nose. "Conversation is getting annoying. I need
to leave"
"Hold on Juliet. You don't have to joke with
matters like this" Janet had let her know.
"Just listen to yourself Janet. You want my
brother to be a mechanic. How pathetic."
"It isn't pathetic Juliet. It is also a job too and
human beings like you are into it. Let him start
from what he knows and upgrade from there. I
am sure he is intelligent enough to learn fast.
Don't worry if education won't get him there,
skills will" Juliet finally nodded getting what her
sister was actually trying to say. She stared at
her elder brother and patted him on the
shoulder.
"I agree with Janet. Start from there okay. You
are going to proof to all those mechanics whose
brother you are. You aren't just anybody. Okay?
" Chris nodded and drew her closer for a warm
hug. Janet joined in.
To be continued....
Facebook page

Post a Comment

0 Comments