Life of an illiterate episode sixteen

EPISODE 16
*
The engagement party started on a good note.
Everyone from all walks of life were there. They
were congratulated the to be bride and groom
in turns handing them gifts and flowers. Clara
feigned a smile trying to pretend she was happy
with what was going on but her heart knew she
wasn't. She stared around as if looking for
someone. Luckily her eyes fell on her sister who
was chatting away with a college friend. She
excused herself and rushed to join her.
"Is he coming? " She asked hoping she gets the
answer she wanted.
"No... " her sister answered anyway. "He said he
isn't coming"
"I knew it. What's all this now? It's all over"
"But hang on, I told him if he truly loves you, he
should attend the party for your sake and if he
doesn't then he shouldn't" Clara knitted her
eyebrows immediately.
"You did what? Sandra you have ruined the
whole thing. He wont come now. He has found
an excuse not to"
"Do you really believe he doesn't love you? He
will stay at his home listening to hip-hop whole
you her married to the guy who you don't have
feelings for"
"I don't know but if Chris doesn't come today
then I will blame you for you "
"Who are you both talking about?" David voice
had asked as he left the other guests he was
attending to in order to join them. The two girls
got tensed a bit but Sandra was able to snap
out of it.
"It is Clara's childhood friend" she answered
sharply hoping he doesn't suspect.
"o! You invited him"
"Yes"
"Well he will come. No need to argue with your
sister" The two ladies nodded in agreement and
sighed with relief as soon as he was gone. Clara
threw her sister an upset look and turned her
gaze towards the door. To her shock she caught
sight of Chris walking in in an ash elegant
looking suit. She tapped her sister to look and
when her sister did, her jaw dropped. The glass
cup of drink she was holding almost fell off her
hand.
"Okay, I confess Chris is looking hot. I think I am
falling for him all over again" Sandra said
naively as she couldn't help but fix her gaze at
him. "You are really lucky sister. The man you
fell in love with is really good looking and
fashionable. I never realized that. O! Here he
comes "
"Hello. Nice to meet you" He greeted stretching
out his hand to Clara for an handshake. Clara
accepted but she was still in astonishment. She
found it difficult to speak.
"Ch...Ch.... Chris.... Suit.... "she tried speaking.
Sandra excused herself immediately.
"How do I look Clara? My aunt chose this for me
while I was going shopping with her" he
explained. She nodded beaming in smiles.
"You look so good my dear. It really looks nice
on you. I hardly recognized you from the door.
Sandra almost dropped her glass of wine.
Imagine that" She complemented. She caught
sight of his tie and realized he hadn't fixed it
well. She began helping him adjust it. "You look
so different "
"You look beautiful too in your dress. It seems
purple suits you a lot"
"you think so. I hate purple. It was David Choice.
I had no other option. I... " She was interrupted
by the sound of a clearing throat. She turned
behind her to see who had the nerve to disturb
with Christian. It was actually David.
"Hello... " Christian greeted with a polite tone.
David threw him a jealous look and drew Clara
closer to him by the waist.
"Let's go to the dance floor now Clara. It's time
for the couple dance" he had reminded her. She
got helpless and threw a short stare at Christian
before leaving. Christian only gave her a weak
smile and turned away from them both. Sandra
approached him as soon as he was alone.
"Go and find a partner Christian. Everyone is
dancing. You can't stand here all alone doing
nothing"
"No I am okay by myself"
"Really? With so many people dancing, it will feel
like you're the odd one out"
"I am already the odd one out Sandra" Sandra
tapped him on the shoulder realizing what he
meant.
"I am sorry Christian. I was also rude to you too.
I never got the chance to apologize "
"It's alright Sandra. I am no more upset. Well as
for dancing, can I dance with you? " He asked
with a charming smile. She blushed and shook
her head immediately.
"No! No! No! I have a husband Christian. I wish I
can dance with you but my sweetheart is
waiting for me. I can't leave him waiting"
"I was just joking" He confessed laughing.
"Thank God "
*
Clara eyes couldn't go off lonely Christian as she
danced on with David to the slow music. She felt
really guilty and shattered. The silence she was
putting up toward her feelings for Christian was
tearing them both apart. She was getting
married for crying out loud. She very well knew
she had to confess her feeling to him soon and
also free David from her fake love.
"David I have a confession to make" She finally
began.
"What? "
"I know it's kind of hard and it's going to be
painful for you but.... " she was silent.
"What is it? "
"Actually... "
"Tell me"
"I am in love with someone else. I don't love
you"
To be continued....
Facebook Page

Post a Comment

0 Comments